BRAND STUDIES–Strategic Positioning
Strategic brand positioning research is conducted to determine how your brand should be positioned vs. competitors in order to differentiate it and maximize performance. Finding the right consumer target and messaging around which to build your marketing plan can be crucial in the success of your products.
Both qualitative and quantitative research techniques are used to determine a brand’s optimal positioning.
- What are our relative strengths and weaknesses?
- How do consumers see our products and servcies?
- What is our brand image/identity?
- What is our competitive advantage?
- Who are our customers?
- Are we emphasizing the right product benefit mix to the right people?
- Can we target our product to other markets by emphasizing other benefits?
Savitz Success Story
A major supermarket chain was able to assess its strengths and weaknesses using Quadrant Benefit Mapping, and determined that it had serious brand image problems. Our experts recommended a targeted advertising campaign that addressed the weak links in its image. After implementing the results of our research, the chain had one of its most profitable years to date.