PRODUCT STUDIES–Idea Generation Research
Idea generation research is used to develop new products or modify existing products. Generating ideas based on consumer feedback is the most productive way to design or modify products. This type of research usually takes place in the form of focus group sessions designed to brainstorm with customers.
Our staff includes a Synectics trained facilitator for idea generation to help you improve on or design new products.
- What needs are being unmet in the market place?
- What other product ideas are there in our category?
- How do I improve my product?
- What needs will my product satisfy in the market place?
- Are there other uses for my product?
- Are there needs that could be satisfied by a new product?
Savitz Success Story
A major food manufacturer developed a new shape of an existing product that appealed to children. It needed a unique name. A series of idea generation sessions were conducted among adults and children to generate product usage, image and shape associations that led to the generation of potential product names. Purchase interest in the product under the various names was used to select the name for the product launch.