COMMUNICATIONS STUDIES–Copy Testing
Copy testing is used to ensure that the advertising is well received and that no surprises will surface after the ads are released. Copy testing reduces the chances that an ineffective ad will jeopardize your brand or company image.
Copy testing is usually conducted as a large scale quantitative research study where the target audience is exposed to the advertising.
- What message are we really communicating?
- Is anyone offended by our advertising?
- Is our advertising clear and easy to understand?
- Does our advertising project the right image?
- Are we saying the right things?
Savitz Success Story
A national mortgage company wanted quantifiable consumer input for its new advertising campaign. Mall intercept interviews in 15 markets across the nation were used to understand consumer reaction to the new advertising. As a result of the research, the company narrowed the number of ads included in the campaign.