COMMUNICATIONS STUDIES–Concept Development Testing
This procedure provides customers input in the design stages before the concept turns into a fully finished television, radio or print commercial. The last thing you want to do is to communicate the wrong message in your advertising campaign. This may lead to loss of market share as well as deteriorating brand or company image.
- What message are we really communicating?
- Is anyone offended by our advertising?
- Is our advertising clear and easy to understand?
- Does our advertising project the right image?
- Are we saying the right things?
Savitz Success Story
A retail chain found that two of the five proposed new commercials were not communicating the right message. By implementing suggested improvements, the retail chain was able to air the full set of five commercials aimed at improving the company’s image.